Diet and Remedies to Treat Loose Stools at Home
Hope everyone is doing great. Today’s article is on how to treat loosees at home :D. It is condition in which a person suffers from a frequent passage of loose and watery stools. Loose motions results in weakness, loss of appetite, stomach pain and dehydration. Causes of loose motions can be because of indigestion of food, food poisoning, infection, malnutrition, excessive intake of laxatives, stomach germs, allergies to certain food, over intake of Vitamin C, too much heat, etc.
Remedies to Treat Loose Stools at Home
1) Take a spoonful of mustard seeds with water like you take any medicine. You will feel the remarkable change after taking this for couple of times.
2) Mix 1 tsp of Dried Bael Powder with 1 tsp of Honey and have it for 2 to 4 times in the day.
3) Soak Saboo dhana in enough water for 3 hours. Have that water to get the relief from pains. Saboo dhana have the tendency to drink all the water. So make sure you are soaking it in enough quantity of water.
4) 1 tsp of turmeric powder in the glass of warm water also helps. Have it in morning first thing.
5) Add 2 tsp of curd, pinch of turmeric powder, asafetida, curry leaves and salt in boiling water. Once the ingredients are boiled properly, drain, cool and have it.
6) Pomegranate is another remedy which works wonder. Have it as it is or drink it in juice form. Pomegranate leaves boiled in water also benefits and stop loose motions.
7) Lemon juice due to its anti inflammatory properties helps in clearing the stomach.
8) Powdered methi seeds can be taken with water to cure the loose motion.
9) 1 tsp of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in warm water is also good and effective method to cure the bladder infection.
10) Eating Khajur/Dates is also helpful in curing loose motion
Food to eat:
Generally person suffering from loose motions would not like to have food. Below mentioned food however are light to the stomach and works wonders in recovering from this condition.
Khichdi is light and filling. Soak rice and green dal for half an hour. Heat ½ tsp of oil in pressure cooker; add 1 tsp of mustard seeds. When seeds crackle add soaked rice, salt and enough water. Take 3 whistles. Khichdi is ready. Have it with curd.
Acid in buttermilk fights germs and bacteria. Make buttermilk with the pinch of salt and black pepper powder or jeera powder.
Having banana with curd is also good.
Starch in potatoes also ease and comfort the stomach. Boil the potatoes and sprinkle salt and fenugreek seeds powder and have it with curd and kichdi.
Boiled carrots are also good.
Drink more water to overcome the dehydration problems. You can also take fruit juices and soups. Electrolyte is also good for the ones who are suffering from loose motions. Having coconut water is another good way to keep your body hydrated.
However avoid the juices which have the laxative effect like apple juice. Avoid having milk, cheese, tea and coffee. Also avoid heavy masalader foods, salty foods and mithai’s. Also avoid high fiber foods like oatmeal. Take enough rest during this period in order to recover fast.
About the Author
Manju Bhatia is into fitness through healthy cooking. She is a busy mom who works all the day. She says, “I have 2 fussy kids jinke naatak humesha aasmaan pe rehte hai”. For them she experiments a lot with cooking. She just loves cooking. Read more article by the author HERE