Do you Sit for Long Hours?
My certification with Pilates Institute of America got completed yesterday. Though it was a rigorous course but, it was very informative. The stress of passing the exam was so heavy. After clearing the exam yesterday, I danced for two hours, just to get rid of the stress! God, my mind felt like a pressure cooker . Got up late today and now I am taking in the joyous feeling of having cleared an international certification in fitness .
Yesterday, I was talking to a friend, who works in a IT company. She said that though she goes for workout regularly in the morning yet, she is not able to see much results with her fat loss. I tried to track the reason for her problem. What I realized is that apart from the workout that she does, she is not moving her bum at all throughout the day. She sticks to her desk, hardly moves around for water or loo and then she comes back home in the evening, flops herself on the sofa in front of the television or laptop. And from there slowly slips to sleep.
What is causing this? Simple: She sits at one place for long hours. Why a seemingly blameless activity like sitting should be detrimental to health?
1) The most striking feature of prolonged sitting is the absence of skeletal muscle contractions, particularly in the muscles of the lower limbs. When muscles don’t contract, they require less fuel, and the surplus, in the form of blood sugar, accumulates in the bloodstream, making our body more prone to fat deposition.
2) When we sit for long hours without getting up and moving about and doing any physical activity, the enzymes responsible for fat control in our body tend to shut down its operation and that adversely affect our health as fat and related health-retarding components in the body add up.
1) Stand up and walk around after every one hour.
2) Stretch your body every one hour. This change can make a tremendous difference to your fat loss goals. All you have to do is get up, and stretch your lower and upper body. You can take the help of the wall, can do forward and back ward bends, can do spinal twists.
How to do it in the office? In the loo may be?
Use stretches in these pictures:
3. Walk around every couple of hours esp when ‘walk when you talk’ over the phone.
4. Drink water every 1-1:30 hour. as water keeps cleaning our system from inside.
5. Do not get lousy when you get back home, spending a lot of time in front of laptop or TV. Make an effort to move around or cook or get your grocery or just dance.
6. Pack up your dinner early. If you are really desperate to see results then try this. Eat light, eat low oil, light food with more of vegetables, Pack up early, sleep early and wait for just a few days to feel great about the results
What were you looking for?
- missfit makeupandbeauty com