How to Eat Sesame Seeds and Its Health Benefits
How are you doing?
Women are more or less always a victim of blood and calcium deficiency. Especially as you advance to your menopause stage, there is heavy calcium loss making your bones and teeth weak. So today I will be talking of a calcium rich source which can help you overcome such a problem.
Sesame enhances strength, improves memory and digestive powers. It helps in vat–dosha related problems. Three varieties of sesame are available- white, black and red out of which black ones are the most superior.
The most amazing fact is that 100 grams of sesame contain 1450mg of calcium. That is the reason it strengthens bones, joints, hair and teeth. (See I never miss out teeth in any of my posts )
According to ayurveda, sesame oil is the best among all other varieties of oils in terms of health benefits. It fights vaayu related problems and treats them from their very origin in the body. It aids in quick healing of broken bones/fractures. It balances the body weight too. Having body massage with sesame oil followed by a good bath keeps your skin soft and glowy. Your skin will not sag before time.
Six ways where sesame works as a medication:
• Chew 15-25 grams black sesame early morning and drink cold water on top of that. This will strengthen your body specially bones, joints and hair.
• To build strength in an otherwise weak body:
Soak white sesame, strain and crush them to make a milky paste kind of thing. Take 50-100 grams of this milky paste and add 25-50 grams of jaggery in it and have daily. Follow this routine with 12 suryanamaskars. This will strengthen your bodies.
• Have body massages preferably with sesame oil. This strengthens your muscles and provides calcium to your bones and joints.
• Once in a week, rub sesame oil on your teeth. If you can, do gargles with sesame oil 2-3 times, that is even better. Sesame has amazing penetration power that is the reason it benefits even on external application-be it teeth or joints.
• Heat some sesame (without oil) in a pan. Mix jaggery and ghee to it and make round balls out of this mixture. Chew one such ball daily in the morning. This will take away all your body’s weaknesses and strengthen your mind too. Do not take more than one.
• Mix one spoon each of sesame and desi ghee and have this mixture 2-3 times a day (preferably in winters because having this amount of sesame in summers will cause heat accumulation in the body). This treats old constipation, piles and digestion problems.
Quantity to be taken: approximately 10-25 grams. Do not exceed this quantity in a hoard to treat problems at a faster pace. Everything treats you positively only if taken in limits.
Sesame seeds have an outer layering of oxalic acid which prevents the absorption of calcium by the body. That is the reason you should soak them first say for around 10 minutes, rub them with your hands so that their outer covering is removed and then put them to use.
• People having tendency of heat accumulation and pregnant ladies should have it in a very less quantity say around 10 grams only. You may even avoid till July end. You can preferably have it in august and the following months to avoid the heat problem.
• Having more than the above said quantity can affect your eyes.
• Grandparents say sesame and foods made with sesame should not be taken at night after 7 p.m.. I believe in it, so I have shared it here.
Hope this helps.
Until next time, take care!
About the Author
Dr Sahiba Wadhwa is an intern in a BDS college
Read more articles by the author HERE
Read more on Natural home Remedies HERE
How to Eat Chia Seeds and Its Health Benefits
Figs for Treatment of Stomach Problems
Treatment of Constipation at Home
How to Deal with Sweet Cravings
Health Benefits of Beetroot
Health Benefits of Mint(Pudhina) Leaves
Health Benefits of Keeping a Pet
Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
Benefits of Tulsi Leaves for Healthy Skin and Body
What were you looking for?
- sesame seeds
- how to eat sesame seeds
- sesame seeds benefits